I’m still working on my October Challenge learning how to cook. I’ve actually done a decent job with my goals, though I did shop for groceries entirely too much. Boo. Let’s see how things went:
- 3/7 entirely fresh dinners – I actually think I did this. I kept things simple this week and stuck with rice and a side item or whatever. There were lots of leftovers, but not a lot of packaged food.
- Try one random veggie. – I bought eggplant. Sadly, it’s still sitting in my refrigerator. I’m not even sure if it’s good now. If so, it gets cooked up tonight!
- Create a shopping list with EVERYTHING I need. – Nope. This greatly contributed to my “hit stores once” fail.
- Prep and cook all veggies and fruit for the week. – I didn’t really buy anything that needed to be prepped. If I had I would have.
- Try to only hit the store once. – Great, big, fat FAIL. I went shopping almost everyday in some form or fashion. What a waste of time and money.
- Figure out what other tools will make my kitchen experiences easier – So far, I think I have everything that I need. I think I would like a food processor, but I’m not sure that it’s necessary.
Now, despite the fact that I went to the grocery store everyday, I don’t really have a lot of great options for meals. It seems when I do that, I’m not really buying with any thought about what I need for food.
So, this weeks action plan is simple: Only go to the grocery store once this week and try to eat all of the weird/random food that I’ve bought over the past week. There will be a lot of very odd dinners.
Do you have any food goals for this week?